Workforce Connections is in the Giving Spirit Supporting Edison Elementary
The students at Edison Elementary have a smile on their face this holiday season thanks to the Hillsborough Schools Workforce Connections team who donated everything from bicycles to action figures and Barbie dolls.
School Board Member, Susan Valdes surprised the children with colorful backpacks filled with school supplies. She gave them a pep talk wishing them Happy Holidays and encouraged them to use the supplies to work towards their goals of becoming whatever it is they want to be when they grow up.
The students’ eyes lit up as they tore into their gifts, and some had looks of astonishment when their names were called and they were handed something special just for them.
“I just think it is so important to give back to the community and Edison is such a big part of our family, I came to school here, I also worked here and my own children came here. I think the children here deserve this especially after all they have been through in Seminole Heights,” said Adrienne Sykes, supervisor of adult education.
On behalf of Edison, Principal Gaillard is truly grateful to Dr. Sykes, Mr. Brooks and the entire Workforce Connections staff for providing the support needed for the students and stepping up during tough financial times.
For more information about Edison Elementary School, visit: http://edison.mysdhc.org/
View Full Album
- Apply by Friday for sixth-grade spot in one of three north county K-8 schools
- Bay Area Superintendents Join Together for a Call to Action: Let's Do More for Students
- Special Called School Board Meeting
- The Annual Gaither Stampede welcomed Special Olympic Athletes and a Parade of Superheroes, Rough Riders and More!
- All Schools and District Offices Closed for Spring Break