Families Pack Dawson for New Elementary's First Winter Concert
It's been a year of firsts at Dawson Elementary. The new school opened its doors in August in the Triple Creek Subdivision off Big Bend Road in Riverview. Students, family members and school leaders were excited to celebrate their first holiday season together as Dawson Dragons with a Winter Concert.
“We’re looking at a crowd of several hundred people,” said Principal Derrick McLaughlin. “Every grade level from Pre-K to fifth grade will have an opportunity to perform.”
People brought their own lawn chairs and packed the outside courtyard for the concert.
“This is what we pictured with our courtyard. This was our vision - where our families could come together and really celebrate what Dawson is all about,” said Assistant Principal Ashley Wiese. “Starting new traditions, because this is our year of firsts. It’s neat that this can be something we own. Our Winter Concert can be something that Dawson is known for.”
Students dressed in their very best outfits and belted out a variety of holiday songs, including “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” and “Este Es La Navidad”.
“We’re really happy that this is our first of many Winter Concerts,” McLaughlin said. “We wish every one of our Dawson families and everyone out there, a very happy holiday season.”
To learn more about events happening at Dawson Elementary, follow the school on Twitter: https://twitter.com/HCPSDawson
For more information about Dawson Elementary School: http://dawson.mysdhc.org/View Full Album
- Soles Shaping Souls: Eighth grader's mission to provide shoes to kids is off and running
- King cadets celebrate at military ball and honor retiring Captain
- Tempting Tastebuds at the 9th Annual Fresh Flavors Food Show -School lunch is not what it used to be-
- Slither and splash your way to Nature’s Classroom at open house this Saturday
- Board Members in the Community: April 26 - May 2