Second Neighborhood Meeting for High School “TTT”
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (December 13, 2017) – Hillsborough County Public Schools will hold a second neighborhood meeting to inform adjacent property owners and area residents about the district’s plans to locate a new high school in the Ruskin/Balm area.
The neighborhood meeting will be held at Shields Middle School, located at 15732 Beth Shields Way, Ruskin, on Tuesday, December 19, between 5:30-6:30 p.m. This is not a school attendance boundary meeting.
A second meeting is being held because the district is now proposing to acquire an additional 5 acre parcel adjacent to the school site shown in November. This site expansion requires more property owners to be notified of the proposed siting of the high school.
The school (High School TTT) is projected to open in August 2020. The high school property is located on the north side of County Road 672 (Balm Rd.) east of U.S. 301, across from the Ayersworth and Mirabella subdivision. The new school will relieve nearby Lennard High School and East Bay High School. Information on attendance boundaries and naming of the new high school will come at a later date.
- Burrito could win Bloomingdale students $55,000
- Board Members in the Community: April 23
- Start Spreading the News: Durant performs at Carnegie Hall in New York City
- HCPSProud: District recognizes students, educators and community members for excellence
- HABSE connects with Brandon Chamber to offer Hillsborough School discount for The Taste of Brandon tickets