Tampa Mayor continues tradition with a special holiday visit to DeSoto Elementary
On Monday, December 11, Mayor Bob Buckhorn and Santa made a very special visit to DeSoto Elementary to read "The Night Before Christmas" and deliver gifts to students. For the past 20 years the Mayor's Hispanic Heritage Committee has been bringing holiday cheer to the students of DeSoto.
"The smiles on the faces of our students never get old. We are so thankful and humbled by the kindness displayed by Mayor Buckhorn and the Mayor's Hispanic Heritage Committee," said Gilda Garcia, Principal of DeSoto Elementary School.
This tradition continues to live on through the City of Tampa employees from various departments who make up the Mayor's Hispanic Heritage Committee.View Full Album
- Soles Shaping Souls: Eighth grader's mission to provide shoes to kids is off and running
- King cadets celebrate at military ball and honor retiring Captain
- Tempting Tastebuds at the 9th Annual Fresh Flavors Food Show -School lunch is not what it used to be-
- Slither and splash your way to Nature’s Classroom at open house this Saturday
- Board Members in the Community: April 26 - May 2