Tampa Mayor continues tradition with a special holiday visit to DeSoto Elementary
On Monday, December 11, Mayor Bob Buckhorn and Santa made a very special visit to DeSoto Elementary to read "The Night Before Christmas" and deliver gifts to students. For the past 20 years the Mayor's Hispanic Heritage Committee has been bringing holiday cheer to the students of DeSoto.
"The smiles on the faces of our students never get old. We are so thankful and humbled by the kindness displayed by Mayor Buckhorn and the Mayor's Hispanic Heritage Committee," said Gilda Garcia, Principal of DeSoto Elementary School.
This tradition continues to live on through the City of Tampa employees from various departments who make up the Mayor's Hispanic Heritage Committee.View Full Album
- Burrito could win Bloomingdale students $55,000
- Board Members in the Community: April 23
- Start Spreading the News: Durant performs at Carnegie Hall in New York City
- HCPSProud: District recognizes students, educators and community members for excellence
- HABSE connects with Brandon Chamber to offer Hillsborough School discount for The Taste of Brandon tickets