Great American Teach-In
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (November 14, 2017) – Hillsborough County Public Schools will welcome speakers into classrooms to discuss and demonstrate their professions and hobbies during the Great American Teach-In on Thursday, November 16.
This is a wonderful opportunity for our students to learn from our community members and parents about careers and hobbies they may not have known about previously. Speakers will range from curators at Busch Gardens, military personnel, local athletes, firefighters and police officers, as well as individuals highlighting 3-D printing, healthy eating and exercise. A list of the many speakers and their topics is attached to this email.
Visitors will speak with students about the benefits of getting a good education. Hillsborough County Public Schools will bring guests into classrooms throughout the day to demonstrate their skills and discuss opportunities for students.
For more details, contact Tanya Arja in the Communications Office at 813-272-4060.
- Burrito could win Bloomingdale students $55,000
- Board Members in the Community: April 23
- Start Spreading the News: Durant performs at Carnegie Hall in New York City
- HCPSProud: District recognizes students, educators and community members for excellence
- HABSE connects with Brandon Chamber to offer Hillsborough School discount for The Taste of Brandon tickets