Art & Agriculture Experience, Dedication Ceremony at Greco Middle School
Greco Middle School and community members recently hosted a dedication ceremony for an unusual school project. It began when agriculture teacher Kerri Battishill Ladd applied for a Fuel Up to Play 60 grant that would allow her to create an environment for students which would encourage healthy eating habits, exercising, and making good decisions.
The project grew and morphed into a 3,000 square foot art and agriculture experience complete with hydroponics, painted koi ponds, native Florida fruits and vegetables, and a plethora of images to spur teachable moments. When funds ran out the community came together to provide paint, talent, and nourishment.
Congratulations to Greco and the community for a job well done! Please see photos below of the dedication ceremony.
For more information about Greco Middle School visit http://greco.mysdhc.org or call for a tour of the campus at (813) 987-6926.View Full Album
- Exciting Opportunity for Teachers to Transform Lives
- Board Members in the Community: June 19-23
- School is out for Summer but the Need for Nutritious Meals Continues
- Board Members in the Community: June 12-13
- Joint Press Release - Hillsborough school district and teachers’ union reach tentative agreement including raises, bonuses, child care assistance, and other benefits