Final Opportunities for Input on 2018-2019 Bell Schedule
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (September 26, 2017) – The last community meeting regarding the 2018-2019 bell schedule will be held tonight, Tuesday, September 26, from 6:00-7:30 p.m., in the Jefferson High School media center, located at 4401 Cypress St., Tampa.
In addition, parents, students, district employees and the community are reminded that the survey to gather input about bell times will be open through Sunday,
More than 43,000 people have shared their thoughts using the survey, which is available in both English and Spanish. Information gathered from the survey, as well as the recent Bell Schedule Simulator and the public meetings, will provide vital information to help the School Board as it determines school start and end times for the next school year.
Every student deserves a full day, so the district must make changes. Thousands of students arrive late to school because the current arrival and dismissal schedule does not allow buses enough time to run their routes. Last year, 12,000 students were late to school every day.
The School Board will vote on a final bell schedule on October 17, giving families nearly a year to make needed adjustments to their schedules.
- Soles Shaping Souls: Eighth grader's mission to provide shoes to kids is off and running
- King cadets celebrate at military ball and honor retiring Captain
- Tempting Tastebuds at the 9th Annual Fresh Flavors Food Show -School lunch is not what it used to be-
- Slither and splash your way to Nature’s Classroom at open house this Saturday
- Board Members in the Community: April 26 - May 2