Luz Legra of Pierce Middle School honored by Tampa Hispanic Heritage Leadership
Tampa Hispanic Heritage, Inc. (THHI) is a non-profit organization founded in 1979 that promotes, preserves, and celebrates Spanish language, culture and traditions with the community during Tampa Hispanic Heritage season. THHI honors excellence and the positive impact of Hispanics in our community by annually recognizing Hispanic leaders nominated by the community in the following categories: Arts, Business, Civic Involvement, Education, Media, Public Service, Health, and in addition, the “Orgullo” Award is given to an individual or organization, not Hispanic, whose contributions have favored the Hispanic community.
This year, the following individuals were selected for excellence in their respective fields of work and community service:
- Mayor Bob Buckhorn, "Orgullo"
- Christina Denegri, Art
- Johana Rodriguez, Business
- Lurvin Lizardo, Civic Involvement
- Luz Legra, Education
- Cristy Balderrama, Media
- Dennis Small, Public Service/Government
- Dr. Julia Barriga, Health
The winners were celebrated and honored at the Tampa Hispanic Heritage Leadership Class Awards, which was held on Thursday, September 21, 2017 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the Sheraton Suites-Tampa Airport in Tampa. Congratulations to Luz Legra and all of the winners! For more information about the awards, please visit Tampa Hispanic Heritage.View Full Album
- Bay Area Superintendents Join Together for a Call to Action: Let's Do More for Students
- Special Called School Board Meeting
- The Annual Gaither Stampede welcomed Special Olympic Athletes and a Parade of Superheroes, Rough Riders and More!
- All Schools and District Offices Closed for Spring Break
- Board Members in the Community: March 21-22