Students Present Impressive Talks at Local TED Ed Club Showcase
Recently Hillsborough County Public Schools (HCPS) gifted department collaborated with the Glazer Children's Museum to host the first district TED Ed Club Showcase last month. The TED-Ed Clubs program supports students in discovering, exploring and presenting their big ideas in the form of short, TED-style talks.
The criteria for participation in the TED Ed Club Showcase were rigorous.
To be eligible to submit student applications for the Showcase, teachers had to be accepted by TED Ed Clubs to become a TED Ed Club facilitator, complete a TED Ed Club training, and implement the 30 hour TED Ed Club curriculum with their students.
A group of seventeen enthusiastic students representing four HCPS schools confidently presented their talks to family members, district teachers and staff, and community members. “This is a good opportunity to show what you know and let out your feelings,” shared Suchi Patel, Lomax student and TED Ed presenter.
A total of twelve gifted teachers in HCPS started a TED Ed Club this year. The district hopes to see that number grow. “Our hope for the future is that this event continues to grow and allow more students to have the opportunity to experience TED Ed Clubs and share great ideas,” said Lauri Kirsch, Ed.D., Supervisor K-12 Gifted.
TED Ed Clubs are designed for students ages 8-18. For more information and details about TED Ed Clubs visit: http://ed.ted.com/clubs
- Exciting Opportunity for Teachers to Transform Lives
- Board Members in the Community: June 19-23
- School is out for Summer but the Need for Nutritious Meals Continues
- Board Members in the Community: June 12-13
- Joint Press Release - Hillsborough school district and teachers’ union reach tentative agreement including raises, bonuses, child care assistance, and other benefits