School Board Chair Cindy Stuart on School Transportation Panel
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (May 1, 2017) –Hillsborough County School Board Chair Cindy Stuart will be part of a panel discussion regarding school transportation on Tuesday, May 2, in Washington D.C.
Bellwether Education Partners will host a panel to discuss the current state of school transportation from multiple perspectives, including the unique challenges for urban districts, rural districts and communities with a high degree of school choice.
Hillsborough County Public Schools has been identified as the only school district nationwide who is represented and is a voting member on the local MPO (Metropolitan Planning Organization). The Bellwether Education Partners indicate, structured communication with the regional planning agency can significantly improve transportation coordination and benefits to the school district and the community.
This year, the Hillsborough MPO formed a School Transportation Working Group, chaired by Cindy Stuart, and made up of more than 30 members from different agencies including Hillsborough County Public Works, the Parent Teacher Association, the local transit authority, county and city police and the Florida Departments of Health and Transportation, to proactively collaborate on issues that affect all stakeholders and improve communication.
- Soles Shaping Souls: Eighth grader's mission to provide shoes to kids is off and running
- King cadets celebrate at military ball and honor retiring Captain
- Tempting Tastebuds at the 9th Annual Fresh Flavors Food Show -School lunch is not what it used to be-
- Slither and splash your way to Nature’s Classroom at open house this Saturday
- Board Members in the Community: April 26 - May 2