4-H Tropicana Public Speaking Program winners announced
The 4-H Tropicana Public Speaking Program finals took place on Wednesday, March 8. During the 2016-2017 school year, more than 13,000 fourth and fifth grade students in Hillsborough County were able to present speeches at the class, school, and area competition levels. The sixteen talented finalists from the area competitions competed on March 8 in front of proud families and a panel of VIP judges.
In partnership with 4-H, The University of South Florida, and Tropicana, the district participates in the annual 4-H Tropicana Public Speaking Contest. Tropicana has sponsored the contest since 1969 in order to help more than 150,000 children across Florida counties experience the annual excitement and achievement felt through writing and delivering speeches on topics that matter to the speakers. Students learn valuable skills in learning to write for a variety of purposes and how to communicate ideas effectively.View Full Album
- Burrito could win Bloomingdale students $55,000
- Board Members in the Community: April 23
- Start Spreading the News: Durant performs at Carnegie Hall in New York City
- HCPSProud: District recognizes students, educators and community members for excellence
- HABSE connects with Brandon Chamber to offer Hillsborough School discount for The Taste of Brandon tickets