Newsome Principal Wins Outstanding Principal of The Year
Carla Bruning, the Principal of Newsome High School received the Florida PTA Outstanding Principal of The Year Award. The award is annually given at the Florida PTA Leadership Convention in July. This award is given to a principal who promotes the purpose and mission of the Florida PTA and who encourages the use of National Standards for Parent/Family Involvement. Ms. Bruning is a supportive, dedicated, and an active member of Newsome High School’s PTA, all which embody the attributes of this award.
“Ms. Bruning has created a culture that encourages parents to play an active role at Newsome High School and in their children’s lives,” shared Superintendent Jeff Eakins.
Ms. Bruning is a graduate of Hillsborough County Public Schools. She earned her degree from the University of South Florida and taught at both Gaither and Bloomingdale high schools. She began her career in administration in 1994 at Durant High School and went on to serve as both Assistant Principal and Principal at King High School. Ms. Bruning was named principal of Newsome High School in 2011.
- Burrito could win Bloomingdale students $55,000
- Board Members in the Community: April 23
- Start Spreading the News: Durant performs at Carnegie Hall in New York City
- HCPSProud: District recognizes students, educators and community members for excellence
- HABSE connects with Brandon Chamber to offer Hillsborough School discount for The Taste of Brandon tickets