Great American Teach-In
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (November 15, 2016) – Hillsborough County Public Schools will welcome speakers into classrooms to discuss and demonstrate their professions and hobbies during the Great American Teach-In on Thursday, November 17.
This is a wonderful opportunity for our students to learn from our community members and parents about careers and hobbies they may not have known about previously.
Visitors will speak with students about the benefits of getting a good education. Hillsborough County Public Schools will bring guests into classrooms throughout the day to demonstrate their skills and discuss opportunities for students. This year’s speakers include helicopter pilots, artists, active members and veterans of the United States Armed Forces, ballroom dancers, nurses, wedding planners, auto mechanics, police, firefighters and paramedics, School Board members and school district staff.
Superintendent Jeff Eakins will speak to a class at Gorrie Elementary from 10 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. Deputy Superintendent Van Ayres will visit Sulphur Springs K-8 at 8:30 a.m. and Blake High School at 10:30 a.m.
A list of the speakers and their topics is attached to this email. Contact Tanya Arja in the Communications Office at 813-272-4060 for more details.
- Burrito could win Bloomingdale students $55,000
- Board Members in the Community: April 23
- Start Spreading the News: Durant performs at Carnegie Hall in New York City
- HCPSProud: District recognizes students, educators and community members for excellence
- HABSE connects with Brandon Chamber to offer Hillsborough School discount for The Taste of Brandon tickets