Newsome High School Band and Color Guard Holds Media Day In Preparation for Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (November 4, 2016) – The Joe E. Newsome Wolfpack Marching Band and Color Guard will hold a Media Day on Saturday, November 5, from 2 p.m.-4 p.m. on the school’s drivers ed lot.
Band Director, Michael Miller, and members of the band’s leadership team will be available for interviews during this time.
The Band and Color Guard will be traveling to New York City to represent Hillsborough County and the State of Florida in the 90th Annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade on Thursday, November 24.
There will be 172 students from Newsome’s band, Color Guard and JROTC that will be marching in the parade. The Wolfpack Marching Band and Color Guard is the first band from Hillsborough County to perform in the Thanksgiving Day tradition.
The school has secured donations from sponsors including, George Shea with Signature Realty, Newland Communities, Physicians at Brandon Regional Hospital, Holmes Hepner & Associates Architects and the Hillsborough County Commission, as well as numerous other sponsors and donations. Through these donations, the band has alleviated some of the financial needs for this trip.
- Burrito could win Bloomingdale students $55,000
- Board Members in the Community: April 23
- Start Spreading the News: Durant performs at Carnegie Hall in New York City
- HCPSProud: District recognizes students, educators and community members for excellence
- HABSE connects with Brandon Chamber to offer Hillsborough School discount for The Taste of Brandon tickets