District Seeks Names for Elementary “C”
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (October 4, 2016) – Hillsborough County Public Schools is accepting nominations for the naming of Elementary “C”, scheduled to open in August 2017, in the Triple Creek area in south Riverview.
Anyone wishing to submit a name for the new school should send their nominations to Shaylia McRae, Area VIII Superintendent either by email at Shaylia.email@example.com or by mail to Shaylia McRae, 2807 John Sherman Way, Ruskin FL, 33570
The deadline to submit a name is October 11. The School Board is tentatively scheduled to approve the name for Elementary “C” on November 1.
According to school board policy, schools shall be named for individuals who have rendered outstanding service to public education, such as U.S. presidents, school board members, educators, and outstanding citizens. Schools may also be named for geographic locations and for groups and clubs. When naming a new school or other existing facility, input shall be solicited from neighboring schools and the community at large, according to the policy.
- Burrito could win Bloomingdale students $55,000
- Board Members in the Community: April 23
- Start Spreading the News: Durant performs at Carnegie Hall in New York City
- HCPSProud: District recognizes students, educators and community members for excellence
- HABSE connects with Brandon Chamber to offer Hillsborough School discount for The Taste of Brandon tickets