The Extra Yards for Teachers Week kicks off with events and initiatives supporting students and teachers
The College Football Playoff Foundation (CFP) kicked off Extra Yards for Teachers with an array of exciting events that will lead up to the championship at Raymond James, Monday, January 9, 2017. This partnership includes many local organizations like Helios Education Foundation, Florida College Access Network, and local professional sports teams.
The celebrations kicked off with the digital campaign #ThankATeacher which ran from September 17-24. The week started with the donation of 20 mini iPads for a class at Broward Elementary, followed by the launch of grant opportunities for guidance counselors and classroom teachers to continue promoting a college and career going culture after high school. During the USF & FSU game, Saturday, September 24th a group of educators where highlighted and recognized on the field at Raymond James for their commitment to education.
One of the most exciting events from this week took place at the Countdown to the Championship Luncheon, where 280 Donors Choose projects from Hillsborough County Public Schools where fully funded by CFP and local partners! This donation of $200,488.40 translates into books, supplies, technology and educational trips for our students to continue preparing them for life.
To be in the know about the different activities that will be taking place in the Tampa Bay Area which will directly impact our local teachers, visit: tampabay2017.comView Full Album
- Soles Shaping Souls: Eighth grader's mission to provide shoes to kids is off and running
- King cadets celebrate at military ball and honor retiring Captain
- Tempting Tastebuds at the 9th Annual Fresh Flavors Food Show -School lunch is not what it used to be-
- Slither and splash your way to Nature’s Classroom at open house this Saturday
- Board Members in the Community: April 26 - May 2