HCPS Is Awarded Project SALUTE Grant
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (September 23, 2016) – Hillsborough County Public Schools has received a five-year $750,000 grant to increase the social-emotional wellbeing of military-dependent students at Tinker K-8 School.
The grant to HCPS was one of 48 awarded by the Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) Partnership.
“Project SALUTE”, Supporting All Learners & Uniting To Excel, will focus on peer supports and mentoring, a school-wide behavior management program and parent/community engagement. “Our district recognizes that military-connected students face unique challenges early in their educational careers related to mobility, family separation and transition. We are honored to have received this grant that will allow us to focus on military-connected students and provide supports during a critical time in their education,” said Jeff Eakins, Superintendent of Hillsborough County Public Schools.
“Project SALUTE” will bring professional development for Tinker K-8 faculty and staff through a partnership with the MCEC (Military Child Education Coalition). MCEC trainings are designed to focus on the issues related to military culture and how to assist students and families through transitions.
For more information, please call Terrie Dodson-Caldevilla at 813-272-4048.
- The Annual Gaither Stampede welcomed Special Olympic Athletes and a Parade of Superheroes, Rough Riders and More!
- Not Your Typical Spring Break: East Bay Students on a Mission
- Board Members in the Community: March 19-23
- Hillsborough County Public Schools to Host School Safety Discussion Organized by CLEW
- Teacher Sheila de Diego has been there for 46 of Morgan Woods' 50 years