Chief of Staff Selected for Tampa Hispanic Heritage Leadership Class
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (September 20, 2016) – Hillsborough County Public Schools is honored to announce Chief of Staff Dr. Alberto Vazquez has been selected for the 2016 Tampa Hispanic Heritage, Inc. Leadership Class in education.
The new leadership class will be formally introduced at an awards ceremony on September 22, at 6 p.m., at the Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, located at 4400 W. Cypress Street, Tampa.
Dr. Alberto Vazquez joined Hillsborough County Public Schools in July, 2015. Previously, he served as the Superintendent of the Diocese of St. Petersburg. Dr. Vazquez has been the Associate Superintendent of Schools for Queens North in Brooklyn, New York and was a Principal in Bronx, New York. He has also served as an Adjunct Professor for higher education institutions including Notre Dame University, Fordham University, and Ana G. Mendez University System.
Tampa Hispanic Heritage, Inc. promotes leadership in the community by recognizing Hispanics who excel in their service in the Hispanic community in the areas of education, civic involvement, public service/government and business.
- The Annual Gaither Stampede welcomed Special Olympic Athletes and a Parade of Superheroes, Rough Riders and More!
- Not Your Typical Spring Break: East Bay Students on a Mission
- Board Members in the Community: March 19-23
- Hillsborough County Public Schools to Host School Safety Discussion Organized by CLEW
- Teacher Sheila de Diego has been there for 46 of Morgan Woods' 50 years