School Board Member Valdes Honored
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (September 15, 2016) – Hillsborough County School Board Member Susan Valdes will be honored at the Viva Tampa Bay Hispanic Heritage Festival on Sunday, September 18, at 1 p.m. The awards presentation will be held in Centennial Park in Ybor City at the center stage.
Susan Valdes is being recognized for her contributions and dedication to students and families of Hillsborough County. The Viva Tampa Bay Hispanic Heritage Festival celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month by honoring Hispanic Americans that reside in the Tampa Bay area for their social, cultural and economic contributions.
Susan Valdes was elected to the Hillsborough County School Board in November, 2004. Mrs. Valdes has held many leadership positions at the local, state and national level. She has served for many years on groups including the National School Boards Association National Hispanic Caucus, National School Board Association Council of Urban Boards of Education and the Florida School Boards Association Multicultural and Diversity Committee.
For the past eleven years, Susan Valdes has hosted the Back to School Fair at Leto High School for children and families in the community providing backpacks, food and free immunizations.
- Bay Area Superintendents Join Together for a Call to Action: Let's Do More for Students
- Special Called School Board Meeting
- The Annual Gaither Stampede welcomed Special Olympic Athletes and a Parade of Superheroes, Rough Riders and More!
- All Schools and District Offices Closed for Spring Break
- Board Members in the Community: March 21-22