District launches new online volunteer application
It’s true when they say that “it takes a village to raise a child.” The community plays a vital role in the growth and development of our students. So many of the extra-curricular and enrichment programs in HCPS are a direct result of the support received from volunteers. The large number of volunteers, including parents and community partners help create a true feeling of family in the schools while strengthening the school culture.
Last year alone, schools across the district had more than 40,000 volunteers say “Y.E.S.” to empowering students - logging approximately 1 million volunteer hours valued at $27, 723,240 (according Points of Light Foundation).
Volunteers help in many ways to support teachers by lightening the workload and building relationships. In addition, and perhaps most importantly, volunteers benefit students by mentoring, tutoring, and improving self-image by interacting with positive adult role models.
This year there is a new way of applying to volunteer with Hillsborough County Public Schools. The new volunteer application is now online. The process is now easier and more convenient for volunteers and community partners to "Y.E.S.” (You Empower Students).
To learn more about Volunteering in HCPS visit sdhc.k12.fl.us and type “Go Volunteer” or click here.View Full Album
- Exciting Opportunity for Teachers to Transform Lives
- Board Members in the Community: June 19-23
- School is out for Summer but the Need for Nutritious Meals Continues
- Board Members in the Community: June 12-13
- Joint Press Release - Hillsborough school district and teachers’ union reach tentative agreement including raises, bonuses, child care assistance, and other benefits