Annual Back to School Press Conference And Ribbon Cutting
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (August 4, 2016) – Superintendent Jeff Eakins, School Board Members, students and staff will share some of the district’s exciting goals for the upcoming school year at Hillsborough County Public Schools Back to School news conference, Monday, August 8, at 10 a.m., at Mort Elementary, A Community School, located at 1806 Bearss Ave. E., Tampa.
Superintendent Jeff Eakins will share the district’s goal of reaching a 90% graduation rate by the year 2020. Superintendent Eakins will also explain the district’s systems of support, which ensures our teachers have the tools necessary to be successful in the classroom.
Immediately following the press conference, please plan to attend the ribbon cutting for Mort Elementary, A Community School. This year, Mort Elementary will become a community school that focuses on meeting the needs of students and families through partnerships with community agencies and local leaders integrating the school community with health and wellness programs, community and parent outreach, enhanced education opportunities and empowering our students and families.
- Exciting Opportunity for Teachers to Transform Lives
- Board Members in the Community: June 19-23
- School is out for Summer but the Need for Nutritious Meals Continues
- Board Members in the Community: June 12-13
- Joint Press Release - Hillsborough school district and teachers’ union reach tentative agreement including raises, bonuses, child care assistance, and other benefits