Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday August 5-7, 2016
Legislation was passed (Chapter 2016-220, Section 24, Laws of Florida) to create a 3-day sales tax holiday that will begin at 12:01 a.m., Friday, August 5, 2016, and end at 11:59 p.m., Sunday, August 7, 2016. During this period, no Florida sales tax or local option tax will be collected on sales of clothing, footwear, and certain accessories selling for $60 or less per item and on certain school supplies selling for $15 or less per item.
- TIP 16A01-06 – Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday
- FAQs for taxpayers for the Back-to-School Holiday
- FAQs for business owners for the Back-to-School Holiday
- A list of all items for the Back-to-School Holiday
- A list of clothing items for the Back-to-School Holiday
- A list of school supply items for the Back-to-School Holiday
For more information, please refer to Rule 12AER16-01, Sales of Clothing and School Supplies During the Period August 5 through August 7, 2016.
- Students Honored During Winter Sports Awards
- Apply by Friday for sixth-grade spot in one of three north county K-8 schools
- Bay Area Superintendents Join Together for a Call to Action: Let's Do More for Students
- Special Called School Board Meeting
- The Annual Gaither Stampede welcomed Special Olympic Athletes and a Parade of Superheroes, Rough Riders and More!