School Grades Released
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (July 8, 2016) – Today, the Florida Department of Education released the 2015-2016 school grades based on the Florida Standard Assessments (FSA) in English Language Arts, Mathematics, Algebra I, Algebra II, and Geometry End-of-Course.
Hillsborough County Public Schools had 51 schools that were graded an “A” and 43 schools received a “B” grade. Six of our schools improved their grade from an “F” to a “C”, including Bryan Elementary, Desoto Elementary, Ruskin Elementary, West Tampa Elementary, and two charter schools.
The district maintains a quality education is not measured by a state or local assessment alone but by how well a student is prepared for college or a career.
“Our teachers, school administrators, and district staff have been working diligently preparing our students for these assessments, just as they have done in the past. I am grateful for their hard work and focus on student achievement,” said Superintendent Jeff Eakins, Hillsborough County Public Schools.
We are proud of the successes shown by our students and the remarkable work by our teachers and staff in our schools. Our teachers, leaders, and support staff know that there is much more work to do to ensure success for our students as we prepare them for life.
- Tempting Tastebuds at the 9th Annual Fresh Flavors Food Show -School lunch is not what it used to be-
- Slither and splash your way to Nature’s Classroom at open house this Saturday
- Board Members in the Community: April 26 - May 2
- New partnership forms between Winn-Dixie and Folsom Elementary
- Board Members in the Community: April 24-29