Buddy Bench promotes friendships and inclusion at Alafia Elementary
First graders at Alafia Elementary have built a “Buddy Bench” to foster relationships and play among students during playground time. Most students are running around, swinging and playing jump rope during playground time, while some may sit lonely or in need of a playmate.
During playtime, if a student feels left out or needs someone to talk to or play with, they sit on the "Buddy Bench". When fellow students see this, they encourage their classmate to join their game or conversation. The purpose of these benches is to promote inclusion at school.
Through generous community donations, Alafia Elementary has created one bench for their school. The school hopes to build more benches for all areas of the campus where children gather for playtime.
For more information about Alafia Elementary School visit their website at http://alafia.mysdhc.org.View Full Album
- Burrito could win Bloomingdale students $55,000
- Board Members in the Community: April 23
- Start Spreading the News: Durant performs at Carnegie Hall in New York City
- HCPSProud: District recognizes students, educators and community members for excellence
- HABSE connects with Brandon Chamber to offer Hillsborough School discount for The Taste of Brandon tickets