Donation of Weather Radios
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (May 26, 2016) - On Friday, May 27, at 11:00 a.m., Hillsborough County Public Schools will receive a donation of 270 weather radios from Hillsborough County Fire Rescue/Office of Emergency Management.
The principal at Cannella Elementary School along with some of her fourth grade students will accept the donation on behalf of Hillsborough County Public Schools just in time for the start of the 2016 Atlantic hurricane season. The donation will ensure staff at every school in the district has the ability to hear vital, life-saving information from the National Weather Service and to take action if necessary. The safety of our students is our top priority and we are grateful for this donation from Hillsborough County Fire Rescue/Office of Emergency Management.
Cannella Elementary School is located at 10707 Nixon Road, Tampa. The event will take place in the media center.
There are more than 212,000 students in Hillsborough County Public Schools and more than 26,000 employees. The donation of the all-hazards alert weather radios will be a vital component to ensure the safety of students and staff. The 2016 Atlantic hurricane season starts June 1.
- Burrito could win Bloomingdale students $55,000
- Board Members in the Community: April 23
- Start Spreading the News: Durant performs at Carnegie Hall in New York City
- HCPSProud: District recognizes students, educators and community members for excellence
- HABSE connects with Brandon Chamber to offer Hillsborough School discount for The Taste of Brandon tickets