Manufacturing Alliance of Hillsborough County Launches Next Phase of Initiative
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (April 1, 2016) – Students will showcase the skills they are learning to prepare them for life during the launch of the Manufacturing Alliance of Hillsborough County on Thursday, April 7, from 9 a.m. until 10 a.m., at Tampa Bay Tech High School.
Hillsborough County leaders, Superintendent Jeff Eakins, and School Board members will gather to discuss the next phase of the Alliance’s efforts to raise the profile of the Hillsborough County manufacturing sector, close the manufacturing skills gap, and prepare students and adults for careers in manufacturing.
Tampa Bay Tech High School students will give visitors a tour of the manufacturing lab and demonstrate their welding simulator.
The Alliance is led by its founding partners; Hillsborough County Government, Hillsborough Community College, Hillsborough County Public Schools, and Career Source Tampa Bay, as well as local manufacturers and manufacturing associations and organizations.
Tampa Bay Tech High School is located at 6410 Orient Road, Tampa.
- Going for the Gold - Count us in for the win!
- You're Invited to Celebrate East Bay's 60 Year Legacy
- Governor Rick Scott and First Lady Ann Scott Invite K-12 Students to Participate in 2018 Black History Month Contests
- Potter Eagles welcome community members to open house
- The New Tool Inspiring Activity and Learning at Lithia Springs