Manufacturing Alliance of Hillsborough County Launches Next Phase of Initiative
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (April 1, 2016) – Students will showcase the skills they are learning to prepare them for life during the launch of the Manufacturing Alliance of Hillsborough County on Thursday, April 7, from 9 a.m. until 10 a.m., at Tampa Bay Tech High School.
Hillsborough County leaders, Superintendent Jeff Eakins, and School Board members will gather to discuss the next phase of the Alliance’s efforts to raise the profile of the Hillsborough County manufacturing sector, close the manufacturing skills gap, and prepare students and adults for careers in manufacturing.
Tampa Bay Tech High School students will give visitors a tour of the manufacturing lab and demonstrate their welding simulator.
The Alliance is led by its founding partners; Hillsborough County Government, Hillsborough Community College, Hillsborough County Public Schools, and Career Source Tampa Bay, as well as local manufacturers and manufacturing associations and organizations.
Tampa Bay Tech High School is located at 6410 Orient Road, Tampa.
- Exciting Opportunity for Teachers to Transform Lives
- Board Members in the Community: June 19-23
- School is out for Summer but the Need for Nutritious Meals Continues
- Board Members in the Community: June 12-13
- Joint Press Release - Hillsborough school district and teachers’ union reach tentative agreement including raises, bonuses, child care assistance, and other benefits