Howard W. Blake High School Bands On Stage With National Ensemble
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (February 23, 2016) – Howard W. Blake High School Bands will have a once in a lifetime opportunity to play with the Dallas Brass in the Don Thompson Theatre on Thursday, February 25, at 6:30 p.m.
The evening will feature talented Howard W. Blake High School Band students and the Dallas Brass. The professional group has established a unique blend of traditional brass instruments with a full complement of drums and percussion, which creates a performing entity of extraordinary range and musical challenges. The Dallas Brass repertoire includes classical masterpieces, Dixieland, swing, Broadway, Hollywood and patriotic music. In addition to their solo engagements, the Dallas Brass appears with symphony orchestras nationwide. The group frequently visits schools to present clinics for band students and invites students to join them for a concert.
Ticket prices for the event are $10 for students (with ID) and $15 for adults. Tickets are available at www.blakebands.ludustickets.com. Doors will open at 6:00 p.m. For more information about the evening, contact Pam Glass at (813) 272-3422 ext.719.
Howard W. Blake Magnet High School of the Arts is located at 1701 N. Boulevard, Tampa. Media inquiries regarding this event, please call Terrie Dodson-Caldevilla at 813-272-4048.
- The Annual Gaither Stampede welcomed Special Olympic Athletes and a Parade of Superheroes, Rough Riders and More!
- Not Your Typical Spring Break: East Bay Students on a Mission
- Board Members in the Community: March 19-23
- Hillsborough County Public Schools to Host School Safety Discussion Organized by CLEW
- Teacher Sheila de Diego has been there for 46 of Morgan Woods' 50 years