Hillsborough Schools to Host Inaugural Build Tampa Bay Event
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (February 2, 2016) – More than 700 local high school students in Hillsborough County Public Schools will participate in the inaugural Build Tampa Bay tradeshow and job fair.
The students will meet with more than 50 local employers in the building and construction industry. They will hear about careers and immediate job opportunities in fields such as architecture, engineering, plumbing, masonry, machine operations, manufacturing, and general construction.
The event is today Tuesday, February 2, from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m., at Amalie Arena.
Supt Eakins and School Board members will be in attendance for the kickoff at 9:30 a.m.
The event is sponsored by Associated Builders and Contractors Florida Gulf Coast Chapter, Hillsborough County Public Schools, the Tampa Bay Lightning, and Amalie Arena.
Students will learn about jobs and careers available to them in the Tampa Bay area following high school and college graduation.
- Exciting Opportunity for Teachers to Transform Lives
- Board Members in the Community: June 19-23
- School is out for Summer but the Need for Nutritious Meals Continues
- Board Members in the Community: June 12-13
- Joint Press Release - Hillsborough school district and teachers’ union reach tentative agreement including raises, bonuses, child care assistance, and other benefits