Great American Teach-In
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (November 18, 2015) – Students will have an amazing opportunity to learn about careers and hobbies during the annual Great American Teach-In on Thursday, November 19.
Hillsborough County Public Schools will welcome visiting speakers into classrooms throughout the day to demonstrate and talk about their professions and hobbies. Volunteers will explain the benefits of getting a good education. This year’s speakers include active members and veterans of the United States Armed Forces; police, firefighters and paramedics, veterinarians, attorneys, authors, business professionals, chefs, elected officials, entrepreneurs, musicians, School Board members, and many more.
A list of some of the speakers and their topics is provided in the attached document.
- Burrito could win Bloomingdale students $55,000
- Board Members in the Community: April 23
- Start Spreading the News: Durant performs at Carnegie Hall in New York City
- HCPSProud: District recognizes students, educators and community members for excellence
- HABSE connects with Brandon Chamber to offer Hillsborough School discount for The Taste of Brandon tickets