Back to School Transportation FAQs
The eligibility of student to receive school transportation services has been defined in Florida Statures (F.S.) Section 1006.21, to include the following:
- K-12 students whose homes are more than 2.0 miles walking distance, from the assigned school.
- Pre-kindergarten through 12th grade students with special needs or disabilities, regardless of the distance from home to school
- Elementary age children who live within two miles of their assigned elementary school and who are subject to hazardous walking conditions as defined in Section 1006.23F.
If a student is eligible for school bus transportation, how will the parent/guardian know which bus route the student is assigned to ride, where the bus stop is located and the pick-up and drop-off time at the bus stop location.
Prior to the beginning of the school year, a transportation mailer will be sent to the registered address of the student listing the bus number, bus stop assignment location and the pick-up and drop-off times for the bus stop.
Magnet parents have the responsibility to:
- Request that the ramp be used as a bus stop every day for the school year;
- Designate the magnet transfer ramps as a designated bus stop every day for the school year;
- Provide transportation for kindergarten students, magnet transportation is for students in 1st-12th grade.
- Complete ramp information card that kept on file for the security of the students;
- Notify the school and transportation office to pick-up their student at the ramp in an emergency situation;
- Designate a neighborhood bus stop in case of emergencies when the parent may not be at the transfer ramp, or for cases when they arrive at the ramp after transfer has been called. For safety purposes, students are not released after transfer has been called.
No. Transportation is provided to and from the home address on record with the school.
The call center staff will create a service desk ticket which is provided to Routing & planning for their review.
Parents can access this information by going to the "School Locator". On that site they can enter their address and it will provide the information for elementary, middle and high school. It also provides the schools information. (address, phone number, etc.)