High School Boundary Frequently Asked Questions
- When will the Lennard High School addition open?
- The school is scheduled to open in August 2015. Until the 2015-16 school year, the impacted students will remain at their current schools.
- If we live in an attendance boundary area that may change, can my student continue to attend their current school next year?
- All current 9th through 11th graders will be allowed to remain at their currently assigned schools. Changes will be effective starting with incoming 9th graders (current 8th graders, class of 2020).
- If my child is an incoming 10th, 11th, or 12th grader and his/her sibling incoming 9th grade student, will their sibling be permitted attend their older sibilings current school?
- Sibling preference will not be offered for non-assigned siblings to attend Riverview or East Bay. Only incoming 9th graders reassigned to Riverview will be able to attend Riverview. Only currently enrolled reassigned 10th through 12th graders are permitted to remain at East Bay. However, incoming 10th, 11th, 12th grade students whose addresses have been reassigned to Spoto, Brandon, or Lennard may opt to attend the newly assigned school via a special school choice option.
- Will my child receive bus transportation to their new High School?
Please contact the transportation department:
- Brandon (813.740.3713)
- East Bay, Lennard, Riverview (813.982.5500)
- Spoto (813.840.7305)
- How will I know which school my child will be attending next year?
- Maps are available that show the specific areas that will change. You can see the maps by visiting the District web page at www.sdhc.k12.fl.us or attending the School Board Meeting on January 20, 2015.
- My child currently attends another school through the Choice Options program can he/she continues attending that school?
- Yes, reassignment to a different high school will not change the placement for students who are currently attending schools through the Choice Options program.
- Are there other school options for my child, other than the proposed high school?
- Yes, parents may submit an application for their child to attend one of the many magnet or Choice schools available. Applications must be submitted through the Choice Options program. Transportation to schools of Choice is not guaranteed so be sure to read the information on the Choice Application (http://www.sdhc.k12.fl.us/choice). Please be aware that there are deadlines established for applications to Choice schools so read the material closely.
- My child receives services through the Exceptional Student Education (ESE) department; will he/she still be able to receive those services?
- Yes, the student will continue to receive the current services. However, based upon the specific services needed, the location may not be located at their new high school, but at another area school. This will be determined later in 2015.
- When will the boundary become final?
- The School Board is tentatively scheduled to consider the boundary changes on January 20, 2015. The meeting will be televised on the Educational Channel or you may attend the meeting at 901 E. Kennedy Boulevard to provide your comments.
For more information on attendance boundary information please visit the district's boundary information page.
To submit questions and comments, please send an email to email@example.com.
If you would like to receive a return phone call,
please include your phone number in the email message or call (813) 272-4608.