Suncoast Scholars Program
The School District of Hillsborough County, in partnership with the Hillsborough Education Foundation and Suncoast Credit Union Foundation, is proud to announce the “2014 – 2015 Suncoast Scholars” program.
The “2014 - 2015 Suncoast Scholars” program will provide financial opportunities for Educational Support Personnel (i.e., paraprofessional, clerical, custodial, food service, maintenance, transportation, etc.). The program will serve as a resource to bring this current group of employees into the teaching field, which will help to create highly qualified teachers in Hillsborough County Public Schools.
Qualified applicants, if selected, will be awarded up to a $1000 scholarship to assist with their tuition and related expenses. Awards may be renewable!
Program participants will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Must be committed to obtaining a degree and certification in education within three (3) years, (i.e., Elementary Education, Math Education, Exceptional Student Education, etc.).
- Must have completed an Associate of Arts or Science degree or earned a minimum of 60 semester hours of college credit.
- Employees with 4 year degrees are not eligible. Contact the Office of Teacher Recruitment for further information.
- Must have been employed by the school district for at least three (3) consecutive years.
- Must have satisfactory performance ratings in all areas on annual evaluations for the last three years.
- Must submit completed application, copy of college transcripts, copy of last three years of evaluations, and have received a Reference Rating Form from your Principal (school based employees) or Supervisors (district based employees).
- Priority will be given to employees seeking an education degree in a high need area such as Exceptional Student Education, Math , Science, English or Reading.
- Must take at least 2 courses equaling 6 college credits during the calendar year (Jan. – Dec.) the grant is received.
- Must submit transcripts after each semester session during the calendar year (Jan. – Dec.) to the Teacher Recruitment Office.
Applications are available by calling the Office of Teacher Recruitment at 840-7167.
Completed application and supporting documentation must be received in the Office of Teacher Recruitment by October 24, 2014 at 4 pm.
Office of Teacher Recruitment
Instructional Services Center
School Mail Rt. #7
Recipients will be notified of acceptance early November 2014.
Recipients will be personally contacted with the date of presentation to the school board in recognition of receiving this scholarship.